Many early and/or grow-up stage businesses rely upon advice of legal counsel, who acts as their in-house and outside general counsel. JK Law Group routinely serves as outside general counsel for early and grow-up stage start-up companies.
As outside general legal counsel, we typically receive the first call when our clients encounter business issues with legal implications. Acting as strategic advisors to our clients, we work swiftly and effectively with diverse practices throughout the firm to implement the right solutions and resolve the matter at hand with an eye toward the future.
We provide efficient, thoughtful, and innovative solutions to our client’s business-related legal issues as outside general counsel.
As outside general counsel, we coordinate and oversee legal issues including but not limited to the following:
Corporate governance, board and shareholder resolutions, consents, directors’ meetings, shareholder meetings, and minutes.
- Commercial contracts, licensing agreements and strategic transactions
- Capital raises
- Counseling officers and directors on fiduciary duties and strategic considerations
- Employment matters, including hiring, retention, termination and employee handbooks
- Executive compensation, including stock options, restricted stock agreements, and equity and non-equity-based incentive compensation
- Trademark, patent and other intellectual property protection
- Litigation, arbitration and risk management
- Real estate purchases and commercial leasing